Who are you and what are you reading?

AFL Home Forums Book-ish Who are you and what are you reading?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Storylady5
    Participant

I just retired after forty years as a librarian and, to my daughter’s great amusement, my first official act was to volunteer at the Library. I read a lot after advanced reader’s copies (ARC) which I’m able to download for free to my Kindle in exchange for my review. I just finished a book called “The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend.” It’s in that meta genre of books about people who read books. Swedish tourist Sara lands in a small Iowa town hoping to meet her pen pal, Amy, only to find that Amy has died and left behind a huge collection of books. Sara repurposed the books and opens a bookstore which quickly establishes her as a fixture in the town. However. Her tourist visa is running out and the town decides to “marry” her to keep her from leaving. Light reading, but a perfect recommendation for fans of Fannie Flagg or Lorna Landvik. What have you read, recently, that you would recommend? Are you more of a fiction or non-fiction reader. I love biographies, especially historical bios or show business memoirs.

LindaDoc
    Participant

Hello, I love to read biographies, histories and also fiction. I just finished “Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter,” by Kate Clifford Larson, which overall was interesting but padded with a lot of filler that I skipped past. Also, I’m trying to read all the best books from the turn of the century that I never did when I was younger – I completed the “Ann of Green Gables” series by Lucy Maud Montgomery (and I’m now reading her biography!) and I also recently read “The Secret Garden” by Frances Hodgson Burnett, which was wonderful. I’m a journalist and a writer by trade … I never thought I’d like reading books on a Kindle but now that is the method I prefer, because I can make the text bigger!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register

Like Our Page!

Receive our updates via Facebook!