Simple, really. I’m Jo-Anne Lema, the founder of AfterFiftyLiving.com. I’m a genuine, real life Boomer. And after I celebrated the big "FIVE-OH" many everyday issues started taking on new “twists.” The issues were endless.
- A cousin, in his mid-fifties, got laid off. He had never had trouble finding suitable employment before. This time was different, though.
- A friend, burned by a contentious divorce after 25+ years of marriage, tentatively thought about starting to date. But it had been decades since he had done that, and he had no idea where to begin.
- Friends have been deeply concerned about retirement - and a fluctuating market hasn't eased the fears. Our kids have time to recover their losses – but what about us?
- I found myself unexpectedly in the position of caring for my elderly father, and stood helplessly by as he descended into the depths of dementia. Nothing had prepared me for this.
...The seeds for AfterFiftyLiving.com were sown in the fertile ground of real life experiences. And so this community has been created as a place to share, support, and celebrate AFter Fifty Living with dignity and respect. “Together - we celebrate meaningful After Fifty lives!”
Who Are We?
If you’re a Boomer and/or “After Fifty,” you should stand proud. You’re a member of the single most influential cohort today.
- We are over 110,000,000 strong – and growing.
- Every 8 seconds, another person in the US turns 50. That's 10,000 people each day.
- We have $2.4 trillion in annual income, accounting for 42% of all after-tax income.
- We own 65% of the aggregate net worth of all US households.
- We will outspend younger adults by $1 trillion annually starting in 2010.
- We’re the web’s largest constituency – representing one-third of all Internet users.
- We are the best educated, healthiest, and wealthiest generation ever to reach midlife and beyond.
- And, we're the fastest growing cohort in social media today!
About Our Founder
After Fifty Living™ was founded by Jo-Anne Lema, a genuine Boomer and member of the 50+ generation. As she likes to say, “Our enormous generation is charting new territory – we’re healthier, better educated, and more financially fit than any other generation at this time. And, as we march through history, 110 million strong - unique, new issues are developing. It’s exciting to be a part of the development and growth of AfterFiftyLiving.com. This is a historic solution for a historic generation."
Jo-Anne spent many years in the financial and operations side of higher education after having received a doctorate in education management and administration from Harvard, and an MBA from Southern New Hampshire University. Launching out on her own, though, has been the fulfillment of a life dream. Jo-Anne believes that "AfterFiftyLiving™ will delight its visitors, catalyze its partners, and will significantly benefit those who engage it.”
Residing in New England along with her husband of 30+ years, she never ceases to brag about her two children.
We look forward to receiving your comments, suggestions.
In addition, we want to work with you when you have concerns or issues.
By Mail: After Fifty Living, Inc.
P. O. Box 3187
North Attleboro, MA